March 29, 2022
Young at Heart Theatre is offering a training and paid internship for a stage management and sound technician position.
We will be training the successful candidate to work on a local touring production, and other programming. The internship includes stage management, tour coordinating, running sound, and driving the tour van. The intern will also be trained on other aspects of theatre including lighting, sound design and administration.
The successful candidate may have a background or training in music or theatre or non-profit arts organizations, is self-motivated and is very comfortable with communications. We are also looking for good computer skills, excellent organization skills, strong decision-making skills, and adaptability.
The program runs for 26 weeks beginning June 6th 2022, with a possible extension. Future work with Young at Heart is possible beyond this program.
This program is run through the Skills PEI Work Experience program.
Who is Eligible to Participate?
If you are unemployed and looking for a short-term work experience you are eligible to apply. If you are unemployed and looking for full-time employment you are eligible to apply.
- You must be legally authorized to work in Canada (Canadian citizen or permanent resident);
- You must have a current claim for Employment Insurance benefits; or
- You must have a previous EI claim whose benefit period ended within the previous 60 months; or
- an unemployed person who paid, in at least 5 of the last 10 years, employee’s premiums that did not entitle the person to a refund (i.e. If the person made less than $2,000 in earnings in a year, any EI premiums that they would have paid would be reimbursed);
- Other criteria may apply. For more information on eligibility visit Skills PEI(https://www.princeedwardisland.ca/en/service/work-experience-pei-for-job-seekers)
- Must have a valid driver’s license for PEI.
- Some work takes place in long-term care and hospitals. Candidate must be fully vaccinated
Deadline for submissions: May 16, 2022
Please send resumes and a cover letter to:
Artistic Producer, Young at Heart Theatre